Bishop Carlton L. Cannon & First Lady Lettie Cannon
Bishop Carlton L. Cannon:
Married to Lettie Marie (Banks) Cannon since 1971, they have three adult children: Carlton Jr., Timothy and Carletta; daughter -in-law, Nancey and four grandchildren: Carlton III, Shekinah, Caleb and Naomi. Bishop Cannon accepted Christ as his personal savior at age 9 and preached his first message age 15 at the Clarence Street Church of God, Seaford, Delaware where Bishop H.G. Poitier, Sr. was pastor. He is an Ordained Bishop and third generation Church of God member. Bishop Cannon has served the church and his community in the USA and abroad in various capacities while laboring as an evangelist, pastor, missionary and chaplain.
November (1991), Captain Cannon, distinguished combat wounded veteran, retired from the United States Marine Corps. While active duty, the Cannon family was selected as the United States Marine Corps “Family of the Year” (1986) and the Church of God “Family of the Year” (1987). June (1998), Bishop Cannon was inducted into the Delaware Hall of Heroes. February (2006), he was presented the “Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Recognition Award” and July (2006), elected to the Seaford School District Board of Education. Bishop Cannon served on the Church of God International Evangelism & Home Missions Board (2006-2010) and the Black Ministries USA & Canada Board (2010-2012). He was appointed to the Church of God USA Missions Board (2012-2016). Bishop Cannon served on the Delmarva-DC Regional Council (2010-2014) and as the District Overseer Southern Delaware (2010-2016). He also served as chairman of the Regional Ministerial Examining Board, member of the Ministerial Development Board and a member of the Regional Historical Commission (2008-2016). Bishop Cannon was appointed Administrative Bishop New Jersey (2016) and continues to serve as an Institutional/Specialized Ministry Chaplain. He is listed in the “2006-07” Edition “WHO’S WHO in the Field of Religion.”
- University of Maryland Far East Specialization: Major – Management – Associate of Arts
- Wilmington University: Major – Human Resources Management – Bachelor of Science
- Wilmington University: Major – Transportation Business Logistics – Master’s of Science
- 2004 – 2016: Pastor – Clarence Street Church of God, Seaford, DE, District Overseer – Southern Delaware District
- 1998 – 2004: Pastor – Smyrna Church of God, Smyrna, DE
- 1995 – 1997: Assistant to the Pastor – Milford Church of God, West Orange, NJ. District overseer – West Orange District. State Youth Board, NJ. State Council (alternate), NJ. Cross Cultural Ministries Board, NJ.
- 1990 – 1991: Director – Okinawa Christian Servicemen’s Center, Okinawa, Japan. Ministry to the Military.
- 1985 – 1990: Assistant to the Pastor – Bethel Mission Church (Japanese Mission), Ginowan City, Okinawa, Japan. Evangelist.
- 1982- 1985: Assistant to the Pastor – Indio Church of God, Indio, CA. Evangelist.
- 1979 – 1982: Director – Okinawa Christian Servicemen’s Center, Okinawa, Japan. Ministry to the Military.
- 1977 – 1979: Assistant Director – Okinawa Christian Servicemen’s Center, Okinawa, Japan. Ministry to the Military. Evangelist.
- 1973 – 1977: Assistant to the Pastor – Jacksonville Church of God, Jacksonville, NC. District Evangelism Director, Pine Valley District, Wilmington, NC. Evangelist.
- 1967 – 1991: Established a Christian Servicemen’s Fellowship; appointed Director aboard Camp LeJeune Marine Base, Jacksonville, NC. (Active Duty USMC. Retired Captain)
- 1964 – 1967: Evangelist, Chaplain’s Assistant, bible teacher, and student of the bible.
Pastor Brian Lee
Brian recently moved back to New Jersey after spending the last three years in Flushing, New York where he served as a Youth Pastor for Promise Ministries International, a flagship church for the 4/14 Window Movement. Brian has earned a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Cornell University as well as a Master of Divinity degree from Regent University with an emphasis in Biblical Studies. Although wanting to continue in academia, Brian felt called and convicted to serve in the local church and started serving as a Youth and Young Adult pastor for the last 6 years in multiple ministry positions. God has given him a vision and a heart for the next generation and their future relationship with Jesus Christ. Brian is an Ordained Minister with the Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee. He is currently serving as the State Youth and Discipleship Director for the Church of God in New Jersey.
STATE WOMEN’S DISCIPLESHIP BOARD
STATE YOUTH AND DISCIPLESHIP BOARD
NEW JERSEY STATE EXECUTIVE OFFICES
STATE STAFF & LEADERSHIP
Carlton Cannon Sr. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
STATE WOMEN’S DISCIPLESHIP PRESIDENT
Lettie Cannon Email: email@example.com
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH & DISCIPLESHIP
Brian Lee Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ejoke Riesa Email: email@example.com
STATE BOARD OF TRUSTEES